Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Character sightings

Day one aboard the ship I noticed that the on board itinerary included a lot of character meet and greets.  I thought my kids would want to meet Mickey and maybe one or two of his friends, but had no idea how magical the experience would be for them.  They were elated every time they spotted a character and could not believe that they were all on our ship. 

It was absolutely adorable.  Mickey was a huge hit.  Of course Disney had a thousand different versions of Mickey: Captain Mickey, Pirate Mickey, Halloween Mickey, Islander Mickey and on and on. I would love to know the revenue and profit margins Disney makes on their formal photographs of kids and characters.  It seemed like everyone on our cruise was buying the formal pictures.  I will admit that we did buy a few. These are ones we took with iPhones or our own cameras.






Catherine met the Frozen Princesses but I think she was a bit scared.  My mom and I completely bribed her to wear her princess dress as she is not a fan of dressing up. They asked if she would want to visit them in their kingdom (forget the name) and she was like "No".




They talked about Donald Duck all day long.



The Orlando Airport and our hotel in Cape Canaveral both had NASA astronauts hanging around (note Logan's pj's).


No comments:

Post a Comment