Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Galveston Diva 1/2 Marathon






Last month I ran the Galveston Diva ½ marathon with a group of moms from St. Rose and it was a lot of fun.  We drove down on Saturday and hit the beach and hotel pool.  Logan and Catherine still remain impressed with the shores of Galveston.  They think it is the best beach on earth!

The weather was ideal with temperatures in the high 60’s/low 70’s and bright sunshine.  We were quite lucky to dodge some rainstorms.  The course paralleled the beach for 9 of the 13 miles and the glare was very strong.  This race taught me that I definitely prefer shade over a breeze if I could only choose one.  I finished at 2:28 minutes so I was happy with that.  The race included tutus, tiaras, mimosas and the race medal which was handed out by local (shirtless) firemen. 

Brian and the kids cheered me on at mile 11 and it was awesome to see their smiling faces.  I did not get that many pics as I was pretty beat at the end.









No comments:

Post a Comment