Sunday, August 23, 2015

Say it ain't so



Logan starts Kindergarten tomorrow morning at 7:45.

I vividly remember holding his tiny body in the hospital the night he was born.  Time really did stop for me that day. I remember my mom walking into the room and commenting that a baby down the hall was JUST born in the last hour.  How could that be?  It was then that I realized time did not actually stop although it sure did feel that way.

And five short years later we arrive at Kindergarten.  Just like that.  The days are long but the years are short.

We had a great last week of summer.  Catherine had already started St. Rose so it was just Logan and I.  We visited Houston Fire Station 31 and got an incredible tour of the trucks, gear and driving cabin.  We also got to shoot the infrared lasers with the captain looking for heat. The only heat we found was the crew eating lunch in the kitchen area.  And just when we though our tour had ended, the Captain pulled out a live hose that Logan got to use.  He was ecstatic.



Later that same day we saw a fire fighter costume at Costco and we had to purchase it.  He has worn it non stop. He even slept in it two nights.



We ate out a good bit and had the chance to play tickle monster in my car while we were waiting on my folks to finish up at the Holocaust museum.  We had gone to the Children's Museum as I felt it was more age appropriate.  It has been a super fun week and we are both ready for this exciting new chapter.










No comments:

Post a Comment