Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Defeated?


I guess somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought time would slow down now that I am not working.   I guess I need to keep looking because nothing has slowed down.  In fact, the opposite has happened.  If idle hands are the devil’s workshop, then Logan and Catherine are making sure that I will be saved.  The work to keep up with and raise these two “angels” is a test indeed.

Speaking of being saved, January has been saved because of the complete joy my kids bring.  LSU and the Saints have cast a dark shadow over the Dwyer household.  The beautiful thing about our children (at this age) is that they have no clue about sports teams, competition, the agony of defeat, and such.  To them, everything is the sweet taste of victory.

Logan is fine whether Daddy is reading to him about Mike or Aubie.  He doesn’t care if he is wearing a Drew Brees jersey or a random onesie.  He is more concerned with milk, Thomas the Train, playing with sticks, harassing Winston, climbing on things, and being around us.  Catherine smiles every time she hears us sing to her or simply make eye contact.

Before the BCS game, we tried to get a “good luck” picture of the crew in our gameday gear…


Before the Divisional playoff game, we again tried to get a “good luck” picture of the crew in our gameday gear…







So, I guess luck is a strange thing.  It hasn’t worked for us recently in regards to our beloved teams; however, luck has truly delivered by giving us every day with Logan and Catherine.

2 comments: