Saturday, December 14, 2013

YoYo

Endless Energy

Three is such a fun age; I absolutely love it.  Because Logan is my first child, I have no idea what to really expect with each year.  I know kids grow up and I see examples all the time but I never realized how fast my own child would grow.  I did not realize that my little baby would be having conversations with me, telling me not to worry about Santa’s sleigh breaking down because Santa could use his green rocket.  Or, when I came home from my sinus surgery, Logan told me that he did not want to be a pilot anymore, instead, he wanted to be a doctor so he could take care of me.  Or, that he would ask me to marry him.  ( I explained that I could not because I was already married to his dad so he said that was ok because he was going to marry his teacher, Ms. Aimee.) 

When I drop him off at school we have to do a hug, a kiss, high five, high five under armpit, and then another kiss.  If anything disrupts this, we have to start all over again, in the exact same order.  I love this little routine.  I know it won’t last forever, obviously, so I am enjoying while I can!

When Logan was 2 ½ and Cat was 1 ½ it was almost like they were the same age except Logan talked a lot more.  But now that Logan is 3 ½ and Cat 2 ½, I feel like they are lifetimes apart.  Logan understands the reasoning and logic behind certain rules or concepts (Catherine, well, not so much).  For example:
  • Holding hands in a parking lot because you might get run over (It is not a power        struggle as it actually makes sense)
  • Mom can’t pick up anything in the back seat while she is driving (because both hands have to be on the wheel)


Last but not least, I am learning that young children are so impressionable.  Logan’s oldest cousin, Kayne, came to Houston for Thanksgiving.  From the second he got in our car, Logan was obsessed!  It was so darn cute.  Conversations were like this:

Logan: Do you like chocolate milk?
Kayne: Yes
Logan: I like chocolate milk too!

Logan: Do you like Chick-fil-a?
Kayne: Yes
Logan: I like Chick-fil-a too!

Logan: Do you like root beer?
Kayne: Well, actually I like sprite.
Logan: (long pause) I like sprite too.  Mom, I want a sprite…








No comments:

Post a Comment