Friday, March 6, 2015

Always Smiling







I had a very interesting conversation this week with a teacher at St. Rose who administered Catherine's pre-K assessment. She noted how Catherine's personality appears to be a bit more assertive than Logans and I was like um yeah clearly!  She also noted that Catherine had leadership skills.  I laughed and asked if that was the politically correct word for bossy.  I mean leadership skills at age 3, seriously, how are you going to measure that? As our conversation ended she commented how Logan and Catherine are always smiling from ear to ear.

I have been ruminating about this comment since she said it and the truth is my kids do smile all the time. They laugh so hard sometimes it makes Brian and I laugh because laughter is indeed contagious.  Since I am in the details and the every day sometimes I fail to see these giant grins.  Sometimes the grins are covered up by the mental pictures of screaming hysterics when they are fighting over bath toys.  And obviously I don't stop to take iPhone pics of the screaming scenes.

So this week I am learning a lesson from my kids: smile, get excited, stay excited, and seize the day.









1 comment: