Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Louisiana Children's Museum and Audubon Zoo

People often ask me if New Orleans is a kid friendly city and I  always respond with a YES.  I guess  they think it is tailored for the adult crowd due to obvious reasons such as Mardi Gras and Bourbon Street.  But the truth is, NOLA has fabulous things for children of all ages.  This past visit we hit two of them: the children's museum and the zoo.

I have loved the Louisiana Children's museum since I did my high school community service hours there.  It has the standard attractions that you can find at most CMs, like a grocery store, toddler play area, bubbles, ect...  But, it also has some local touches that make it unique such as driving a street car and piloting a river boat into the Port of Orleans.

The Audubon Zoo is favorite as well.  It is in the Riverbend area adjacent to Audubon Park. We had a few minutes to kill before we entered the zoo and walked over to the "mighty" Mississippi River which is just 100 yards away.  Logan is fascinated with barges and river boats and still wants to know why we call it the "mighty" Mississippi.


Uncle Donald in the bubble








No comments:

Post a Comment