Thursday, May 22, 2014

VACAY part 1




I am not sure if it is just the way Brian and I roll, or if it is the inevitable, but we always seem to have hectic, busy, out of town trips.  They are bunches of fun but these are not the trips where you return home rested and relaxed, but rather exhausted.  I am sure this is partially due to the constant demands of a 2 year old and a 4 year old.  Regardless, we embarked on our May VACAY two weeks ago and had a blast. We traveled to New Orleans and San Francisco and by the time I made it back to Houston I felt like I had taken the kids to China.  

Brian had an audit in Concord, CA (~30 miles NE of SF) and Logan and I flew out to play.  Well, we actually drove to New Orleans first because Catherine was staying there.  I kept telling her that she was going to visit her grandmothers while Logan and I visited the Golden Gate Bridge.  She was ok with this because she knew mom would be right back.  All week she would say: "Im gonna stay with Granny and Mimi while you see the bridge but you will be right back."  I missed her a bunch and was kinda sad to hear she did not really miss us at all. She was filled with family love.

Our flight left at 4pm so we were able to sneak in a fun morning in the quarter.  I ate WAY too many beignets and wedges of muffaletta.   I actually ate 4 beignets which is a personal best. 



The day before we left there were no naps as the house two houses down was torn down.  Needless to say it was loud and Logan and Catherine were enthralled.  






More to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment