Monday, September 3, 2012

Smile

I just realized that I have not posted pictures from a photo shoot we did earlier this summer in Galveston.  We took these pictures on a hot, steamy, Sunday morning.  We were running very late that morning and I pretty much forgot everything that was needed (bug spray, sunscreen, snacks).

When we arrived, I literally stepped out of the passenger seat into a pile of red ants.  As I was getting Logan out of his seat, I kept thinking to myself that the mosquitos were exceptionally bad, specifically around my ankles.  Finally, I looked down and pretty much just threw Logan back in the car and proceeded to get REALLY frustrated!!  Man oh man that hurt like CRAZY.  I was hopping around and seriously not in a good mood. I did not even want to take any pictures at this point, but thankfully, Brian, my calming counterpart, convinced me not to abort the mission.

At the time I kept thinking two thoughts.  One was that the pictures were going to be awful basically because I was in a really bad mood and the second was that I was so thankful Logan or Catherine did not step in the ant pile.  Clearly, that would not have been good.

So, needless to say, when the photos arrived I was elated to see that we got some great pictures in between the crying, sweating, and itching!  We did not actually get all four of us smiling at one time but that is a far stretch with my crew on a good day.  Definitely a success.   (FYI- If you ever step in an ant pile.... ice does help reduce the itching.)









1 comment:

  1. I love these photos! My favorites are the one with both of them in the wagon and the one with y'all on the deck with the chalkboard sign. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete