Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas


For Christmas, we traveled down to New Orleans and visited with each of our families.  We visited with both sets of parents/grandparents and attended a huge family party with Brian’s extended family.

Logan’s two favorite sentences in December were, “Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus” and, “Santa Claus is coming to town.”  He was aware of both gift giving and gift receiving and liked the latter best.  Catherine enjoyed opening some presents, but present unwrapping did not capture her whole attention span like it did for her brother.

I have to admit, one of my favorite aspects of the week was that there was no cooking for this mom.  I ate and ate and ate and did not cook a meal.  My parents had two pounds of crabmeat maison in their fridge and I ate some every night.  I felt like a little child sneaking into the cookie jar.  I could not get my fix.  A goal for the New Year is to eat more seafood.  Growing up, my parents had a fishing camp just north of Grand Isle.  I was not too fond of fishing myself, but I did enjoy water skiing and playing at the Marina.  We had fresh crabs, shrimp, trout, and redfish on a rotational basis.  Now that I am older, I realize that this was a treat indeed. 

I will list my other goals for the New Year in a different post!


Logan and Catherine with their cousin Michael.  He does not look  very happy in this picture.

Logan and Catherine loving on MiMi

Logan and Catherine with their cousins Kayne and Jacob.

My brother Donald with his awesome wife Clare and precious baby Michael.

We actually got a family photo with all of us smiling!  

Catherine wearing a bow!!!

Crabmeat Maison

1 comment:

  1. You ae so crazy! I wish we could get more seafood in Dallas too. All I ever want now is Mexican.. How our taste buds adapt, huh? See you soon! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete