Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Thanksgiving


I realize that I am posting this fairly late, but better late than never right?  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend here in Houston.  My aunt Wanda came in town from College Station on Wednesday and we cooked all day!  We stuffed the turkey, had delicious corn bread stuffing, green bean casserole, homemade cranberry sauce.  We also bought a honey baked ham to have for the weekend.  I love buying HB ham because the bone is perfect for making red beans.  Since the kids were napping and they don’t eat too much anyway, it was just the three of us eating and it was very nice.

Friday my parents came up and we went out to dinner and to the Natural History Museum to see the dinosaurs that Logan truly ADORES.  We took a ride on the train and the kids were totally in awe.  They took a 3-hour nap that day so the dinosaurs and the train was all they could handle!  This Thanksgiving was very fun and relaxing.

 I feel very blessed to have the life that I do.  I am thankful for my supportive, thoughtful, husband.  He can make me laugh, and I mean really laugh hard, over nothing at all.  He keeps things simple for me (not that I am a simple person!) and is both my best friend and my husband.  I am obviously so very thankful for my two beautiful toddlers.  Logan is absorbing the world up around him and has so many questions and statements.  Just yesterday I picked up 3 doughnuts at Shipley’s and we each had one.  (a very rare treat as this is not frequent).  Logan inhales his donut and then notices I still have mine and he says “no mommy, no!  Don’t eat that donut, save donut for Daddy.”  I was like ok Logan I will try to save it for him.  After I dropped the kids of at St. Rose, I ate the donut!

I am thankful for my family and my friends.  I am thankful that I get to stay at home with my kids.  It is very challenging at times but I would not have it any other way right now.  I get paid in hugs and kisses. I am thankful for St. Rose Early Child Education Program.  It is a great school and Logan and Catherine attend on Tuesdays and Thursday.




Turkey induced slumber

She is determined to get into the tub in lightening speed.  

I antiqued this pic on  Iphoto so we look a little dated!

I hope to express gratitude not just during thanksgiving week but throughout all of 2013.

2 comments:

  1. Too much cooking for me but it sounds like u had a great time! Next year we will find a crockpot thanksgiving meal.. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting caught up on your blog. I love that you are enjoying staying home. It is a challenge but it the best possible way.

    ReplyDelete