Sunday, August 18, 2013

Nola Fun


We just came back from a quick 5-day trip down to New Orleans.  The kids and I rode down with my aunt so she could get some dental work done at our favorite family dentist.  Brian stayed in Houston and we all missed him a bunch.  Traveling is fun when we have a one on one parent to child ratio.  It definitely is a bit more challenging with out Brian!  Some things I noted while on my trip:

·      I love me some Brian.  Traveling without him truly makes me appreciate all that “Papa” does for us.

·      My parents are actually a really cute couple!  I am so thankful they are still living and happily married now for 39 years and counting.  I look up to them now in more ways than I ever realized I would.

·      Birthdays really are fun.  It is a gift to celebrate another year on this earth.  We did a cake for the ladies as Catherine, my mom, Aunt Wanda and myself all have birthdays within 3 weeks of each other.

·      Café Du Monde beignets are truly divine.  Logan has a hard time accepting that they are square with no hole but he eventually did.

·      Both grandmother's in the same town really does bring joy to Logan's world.

·      Catherine is going through a I-AM-TERRIBLE phase at restaurants phase.   When she wants out of her seat, that’s it.  She is adamant about not being restrained so restaurant dining is limited and challenging.
      


Note the finger

Funny picture



Swimming with second cousins at Mimi's house

Melting down while trying to escape Zia's

These two insisted on sleeping together

No comments:

Post a Comment