Thursday, June 28, 2012

From Pasadena to the Penthouse


 "There is honor in being a dog." -Aristotle-

When we first adopted Winston (formerly known as Rutherford to the Houston Hound and Beagle Rescue group) he would not even walk through the front door of my house.  He had never been on wood floors and was truly scared to cross the threshold of W 10th Street. 

Brian and I had only been married a few months and he was out of town in Australia.  I remember talking to him on the phone and Brian was like, “just adopt him, it’s fine.”  But I knew I wanted him to meet Winston, as I did not want to make such a decision without Brian’s presence.

Well, needless to say, when Brian returned he was all about adopting Winston.  I knew he would be, but did not want to make that decision without him.   The night we adopted him we took him to Discovery Green to see a Beatles concert performed by the Houston Symphony.  He was a mere 16 pounds and so skittish (now a hefty 28lbs…still a bit skittish).

The funniest part of it all is that HH&B told us Winston did not bark/howl.  Having had a beloved beagle as my childhood dog, I seriously thought that Winston was horribly abused, as the concept of a mute beagle was far off.

Trust your intuition.  All beagles howl and Winston is no exception. 





Christmas Ton

Custom art work (obviously pre-kids)

1 comment: